1. Application Deadline：
June 30, 2019
2. Supporting categories and Coverage
Non-degree Chinese Language Program (One-Year)
3. Application Requirements
(1) Applicants must be a citizen of a country along “The Belt and Road”, and be in good health.
(2) Degree and Age Limit:
a. Applicants for Non-Degree long-term Chinese language Program should have at least senior-high diploma and age below 45.
b. Bachelor Program Applicants should have high school degree or above and age below 30.
c. Master Program Applicants should have bachelor degree or above and age below 35.
d. Doctoral Program Applicants should have master degree or above and age below 40.
(3) Language Requirements:
a. For the Chinese-medium Program, Applicants who apply for bachelor degree should have the new HSK 4 with 180 scores certificate or above; Applicants who apply for master and doctoral degree should have the new HSK 5 with 180 scores certificate or above, and have good academic achievements.
b. For the English-medium Program, Applicants who apply for bachelor degree should have TOEFL 70 or IELTS 5.5 certificate or above. Applicants who apply for master and doctoral degree should have at least TOEFL 75 or IELTS 5.5 certificate or above, and have good academic achievements.
(4) Note: English native speakers are excluded with English Proficiency requirements.
4. List of application materials:
(1) Foreigner’s Application Form for Admission to Study at Northwestern Polytechnical University (auto-generated after the online registration).
(2) Foreigner Physical Examination Form. (photocopy, written in English, please plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.)
(3) A copy of valid passport photo page.
(4) Notarized highest diploma (Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school or university to prove your current student status or expected graduation date).
(5) A copy of the academic transcripts for the highest education (in Chinese or English).
(6) The copy of a valid HSK or IELTS/TOEFL Certificate.
(7) A study plan or research proposal.
(8) Master and PhD candidates need two recommendation letters in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
(9) Master and PhD candidates are encouraged to provide a letter of acceptance from NPU (in Chinese or English).
(10) A Valid No Criminal Activity Certificate which has been notarized and translated into Chinese.
(11) Invention patents or scientific papers.
5. Application procedure
Step1 – Complete the online application on the following web page, the application fee (600 CNY) is non-refundable.
Step2 – A committee will be organized to evaluate documents of applicants. Applicant’s documents will be selected for further review by the relevant academic schools.
Step3 – Applicants will be notified for a scholarship interview by emails. (We encourage foreign students studying in China to come to our university in person for interviews, and other students will be interviewed by Skype or WeChat.)
Step4 – Send Admission Notice and other relevant documents.
Step5 –The registration deadline for undergraduate students is 10th September 2019, and for postgraduate students is 31st August, 2019 (For details of admission timeline, please check the admission notice). Failure to register in time will be considered as forfeiting the admission opportunity.
International Students’ Admissions Office
International College of Northwestern Polytechnical University
Address: No.127 Youyi Xilu, Xi’an, Shaanxi, 710072 China
firstname.lastname@example.org (Undergraduate program)
email@example.com (Postgraduate program)