To all postgraduate students:
To promote international academic exchange of postgraduate students, broaden international horizons, improve cultivating quality and expand the academic influence of NPU in the world, NPU establishes “Fund for Postgraduate Students to Attend High-level International Academic Conferences”. This fund offers different amounts of funding on the basis of conference categories and the form of papers published by postgraduate students at international academic conferences, which are included inConference Catalog for Northwestern Polytechnical University Postgraduate Students to Attend High-level International Academic Conferences.
Application for the fund for postgraduate students to attend high-level international academic conferences 2017 is now open. Specific requirements are as follows:
I. Eligibility for Applicants
1. Applicants must be full-time postgraduate students of NPU, with relatively higher foreign language proficiency and capabilities of communication, reading papers and academic exchanges;
2. The theme of international academic conferences which postgraduate students intend to attend need to be closely related to the contents of research papers, and international academic conferences should be listed inConference Catalog for Northwestern Polytechnical University Postgraduate Students to Attend High-level International Academic Conferences.
3. Papers should be accepted by international academic conferences, and applicants should present formal invitation letters from international academic conferencesand proof of “oral presentation” or “paper post” at the conference;
4. In principle, applicants should be the first authors of conference papers and NPU should be the first affiliation of the conference papers.
5. For top-level and A level conferences, there are no limitations on number times allowed to apply or receiving the fund for every postgraduate student. As for B level conferences, every postgraduate student can apply and receive fund only once during their postgraduate studies.
II. Application and Approval Procedures
1. After receiving conference invitation letters, applicants need to fill inApplication Form for NPU Postgraduate Students toAttend High-level International Academic Conferences.Upon approval by the supervisors and revision by the vice dean of the school, applicants should hand in the application form, conference invitation letters, copy of the conference paper and schedule to International Exchange Office of Graduate School;
2. Graduate school reviews the application for fund, confirms standard and amounts of the fund and issues fund notice;
3. After the conference ends and postgraduate students return to NPU within 2 weeks, applicants need to hand in summary of the report of international academic conferences (both written and electronic versions), relevant materials and bills to International Exchange Office of Graduate School;
4. After reviewing the relevant materials and bills, Graduate School will start the reimbursement procedures in accordance with the fund standard and amounts.
III. Other notes
1. NPU postgraduate students in joint education abroad that can’t complete studies and return to NPU on schedule are excluded;
2. Please refer toFund Manual for Northwestern Polytechnical University Graduate Students to Attend High-level International Academic Conferencesfor fund management methods for international academic conferences, fund application, and reimbursement application procedures, fund reimbursement items and scopes, accommodation expenses standard, etc;
3. Fund application and expenses reimbursement forms are only accepted every Tuesday at International Exchange Office of Graduate School.
Please feel free to contact Xing Yan and Guo Peirong at 88495339 if you have any questions.
Apr, 13th, 2017