Essay Competition for International Students
In order to present the outstanding achievements during the “Reform and Open-up” in the past 40 years, as well as to learn the perception and insight about great changes and developments in China from the perspective of international students and alumni of Chinese universities， Ministry of Education in China has authorized Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchanges (CSCSE) to hold an essay competition for international students. With the hope of enriching your experience in China and promoting cultural exchange among international students from different parts of the world, we invite you to participate in this meaningful and exciting event:
●Participants: International students living in China and alumni graduated from Chinese universities.
(1) The topic of the essay should be centered around your wonderful experience and beautiful memories in China, which could reflect some of the great changes and developments during the “Reform and Open-up” in the past 40 years in China. A variety of changes in society, the economy, the culture and the daily life in China between “now” and the “past” could be described from your own perspective. Difference between your previous knowledge about China and your personal experience here could also be explored in your writing.
(2) There is no restriction on the genre. The essay must be written in Chinese and the length should not exceed 800 Chinese characters.
(3) You are encouraged to send us electronic copies of the photos taken during the period you stayed in China as attachments to the essay. Please provide a brief introduction about the photos.
● Deadline: The essay should submit to the International Student Office before June 25th.
● Place: Old campus, Yizi Building, Room 715
● Contact: Li Peijian, 029-88495735
● Rewards: All submitted essay will be reviewed by a professional panel. Outstanding essays will be published as a book, and some of them maybe published in newspapers or magazines. Authors of the first-, second-, and third prized essays will receive monetary rewards.
International Student Office