Northwestern Polytechnical University (NPU) is located in ancient capital city of Xi'an. NPU is a research-oriented, multi-disciplinary, and international university of science and technology, which simultaneously excels at aeronautics, astronautics, and marine technology. NPU is the key university in the national 985 Project and 211 Project. The university is affiliated with the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology and is a member of "Outstanding University Alliance" in China. For more than 70 years, NPU has been making tremendous achievements adhering to school motto "Broadness, Honesty, Bravery, and Persistence", and the spirit of "solid foundation, earnest work, plain attitude, and innovative spirit". NPU has been well recognized as a key base for high-level talents cultivation, scientific researches and innovation.
NPU has established cooperation with over 100 universities, enterprises and institutes from different countries like U.S.A, UK, Germany, France, Russia and Japan, etc. NPU has joined in the University Association with Finland, Spain, Belarus and Russia. In order to promote a better understanding and friendship between Chinese people and people from other countries, NPU is inviting applications for graduate studies under the “Chinese Government Scholarship-Graduate Program”.
Ⅰ.Application Deadline: March,10, 2016
Ⅱ.Duration of Program:
Master's degree 2.5～3 years,
Doctoral degree 3～5 years.
Ⅲ. Scholarship Coverage:
1. A waiver of fee for tuition;
2. Free on-campus dormitory accommodation;
3. Monthly living allowance:
Master's degree students: CNY 3,000 yuan/month;
Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 yuan/month
4. Comprehensive Medical Insurance Plan of Foreign Students in China.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports;
2. Applicants must be in good health;
3. Applicants must not be currently studying in China;
4. Applicants for Master's degree must have a Bachelor's degree and be under 35 years of age:
Applicants for Doctoral degree must have a Master's degree and be under 40 years of age;
5. Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship.
V. Specialties List:
See the attachment following.
VI. Application Documents:
All documentation must be complete, true, and correct in either Chinese or English.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English).
2. Photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form should be completed in English. (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
The forms with incomplete records or without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
3. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school.
4. Academic transcripts (photocopy): Applicants should submit the original transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
5. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors;
6. A Study Plan or Research Proposal: Applicants must submit a written study plan or research proposal in English or Chinese, with a minimum of 800 words for graduate students and 1500 words for doctoral students.
7. Notarized Copies of Research Achievements: Applicants can submit published research papers, award certificates or other information to prove their achievement and ability in academic research if any.
8. Certificate of English/Chinese Proficiency Level: HSK, TOEFL, IELTS, or GRE.
9. Photocopy of Passport and two photos in passport size
a) No Application documents mentioned above will be returned whether the application is successful or not.
b) Incomplete Applications will be rejected.
c) Please Provide Documents 1-9 in triplicate.
VII. Application Procedure:
1. Online application, please go to http://laihua.csc.edu.cn/
Code of NPU: 10699.
2. Submit the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online and print a hand copy. Please check Application Documents for the detailed checklist and prepare corresponding documents.
3. A package of complete application documents must be submitted to Admission Office of International College at NPU by post or personally.
VIII. Admission Notification:
Successful candidates will be provided with an admission notice, a JW201 form (Visa form), health examination form and Guide to the University form. These documents will be posted to the permanent postal address of the applicants.
Students are usually required to report at the Students’ Affairs office with their admission notice and other documents in September (the start of the new session). Failure to do so within three weeks of the start of the new term will result in the admission notice becoming invalid.
IX. Contact Information:
Admission Office of International College of
Northwestern Polytechnical University
127 West Youyi Road,Xi’an Shaanxi,710072,P.R.China
Contact person: Ms.Sun Ao; Mr. Liu Meng